The Departments of Economics and Accounting & Finance of the University of Thessaly, operate from acad. year 2020-21, Interdepartmental Postgraduate Program (IPPS) entitled “Accounting and Auditing” in accordance with the provisions of Law 4485/2017.
Graduates of the University Faculties of other Departments of Universities of the domestic universities and similar recognized institutions of foreign countries related to the subjects of study of the PPS are accepted in the IPPS.
· Particularly, graduates are accepted from the Departments of Accounting and Finance, Banking, Economics, Social and Political Sciences, Administrative, Polytechnic and Positive Sciences of HEIs as well as Higher Military Schools, Hellenic N.A.R.I.C. / Δ.Ο.Α.Τ.Α.Π (former DI.K.A.T.S.A.). Foreign candidates are required to have sufficient knowledge of the Greek language (in accordance with the provisions of Law 2083/92).
· Prerequisite for selection is the relevance of the first cycle of studies and the adequate knowledge of at least one language in addition to the language of the IPPS.
The objectives of the program are:
1. To promote the development of applications and research in Accounting Science in practice by providing knowledge in the subjects “Accounting and Auditing” at a theoretical and practical level to address the increased professional requirements in the private and public sector.
2. To deepen on the basic principles and methods of Auditing in the modern business environment as well as the concepts of business risk management and the internal control of a business.
3. To prepare for postgraduate doctoral studies.
The purpose of the program is to provide its graduates with the necessary knowledge, required in various fields and branches of accounting and auditing so that they can meet the growing demands of the labor market and / or the position in which they are already employed.
IPPS addresses both recent graduates and already employees in the private and wider public sector and meets the needs not only of those wishing to enter the job market with increased and enhanced qualifications, specialized knowledge and skills, but also of those already employed and willing. to enhance, update and specialize their knowledge in order to improve their professional performance and / or enhance the prospects of professional development in the field already employed or seek better employment opportunities in other sectors, industries or businesses.
The I.P.P.S. “Accounting and Auditing” is structured in three academic semesters, which include 10 courses (eight and two seminars) and the elaboration of a dissertation. The minimum duration for the completion of the program is 18 months. The total number of credits (ECTS) required to obtain a Postgraduate Diploma (PDS) is 90 (ninety) ECTS, ie 30 (thirty) per semester.
Attendance of the courses is mandatory.
From the academic year 2020-21, it is possible for students to participate remotely in a part of the lectures that will be implemented through a distance education platform at a rate of up to 35%.
The last semester is available for preparation of the dissertation.
The 1st semester is held at the premises of the Department of Economics (Matsangou building) in Volos. The 2nd semester is held at the premises of the Department of Accounting & Finance in Larissa.
-Partial attendance of the Program for six (6) semesters without additional cost is provided.
In addition to providing teaching work, IPPS may cooperate with respective postgraduate programs of Institutions in the country and abroad as well as bodies such as AADE (Independent Public Revenue Authority), the Ministry of Finance, Financial Institutions and large auditing firms.
He has also been collaborating with ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) since 2018. Graduates of the PPS who wish to participate in the professional examinations for obtaining the international title of Certified Public Accountant are provided with an exemption for the examination of teaching units (courses).
Tuition fees for attending the IPPS are € 4,200 (Four thousand two hundred euros). The tuition fees are paid to a special bank account of the program as follows:
20% of the amount at the time of admission of new students to the Program.
40% of the amount with the start of the winter semester courses (September)
40% of the amount with the start of the spring semester courses (February)
It is also possible:
• 10% discount for one-time tuition fees when accepting new students to join the Program.
• Possibility to pay tuition fees in 12 interest-free installments using a credit card.
Tuition fees are not refunded after the start of each academic year.
The delay in the payment of the amount of the tuition fee over 30 days creates an obstacle for the students to participate in the exams.